3/09/2009

Setup

With experienced twenty working years, the kind mistake shouldn’t happen to me. Unfortunately, I still walk into the trap easily without hesitation, what a foolish!

It was just a regular supplier visiting day. The little different only is the visitor in high position which control all Asia headquarter for X company. As usual, we made greeting at first then exchange the comments we had last year. As a RD senior manager in IEC, my comments also got a very good shoot. When I told the poor service about X company, one member present from our side remind me need mentioned the cheated behavior happened in the project. The cheated issue is a fake specification the X company RD team was made. I still can remember how I was angry when I caught it. I thanks for his reminding, and talked the accident very directly. By the time while I was talking, I only can notice the VP is very serious listening.

After our conversation, the VP asked me provide him evidence, he trust my word but need this to take action. Since the atmosphere is very strange while he asking me. I realize it must something serious will happened after that. Therefore I refuse provide it, just pretending that I lost the file.

Until the night I was informed, the VP already got the evidence from “the other”, the curious thing was the “the other” not in the mail loop but their branch sales. Why the evidence ready just in time? I made a quick research and found all involved into the things has conflict with X company RD team and their GM. This is a setup just waiting for my first shoot!

My rational told me, if they not cheating at first then no chance to have them caught. However, I can’t tolerate is, how I become one of them without vigilance! If next time, the setup is directly to me, how can I avoid it? Is there any chance, I put my company in dangerous?

I woke up all night can’t sleep but think, how can I sense the trick in advance next time? This is a lesson learn that I first time have. “Tomorrow is another day.’ I won’t make same thing happened again.

No comments: