11/23/2008

LOHAS


When people over 35years old, to keep in good shape becomes very difficult. That is why diet drug commercial always hot.

I had tried many kinds of methods to get rid of my fat, ate meat only without starch, ate banana as breakfast only, ate apple only, drink honey water only… those methods really unhealthy and can’t consistently going on. These diet methods, only temporary reduce my weight but also killing my health. Fortunately, I’m a lucky guy with many good colleagues around. Coa and Karen invite me join their running team, we decided to run 30minutes in near school playground twice a week at least.

It has many years pass by since I took exercise in playground after I left school. The first day when we walked into the elementary, one teacher even asking me “did you want to take baby back?” Well, I’m not the type sports guy obviously.
In the first run on the playground, I still felt embarrassed even don’t know how to place my hands and feet properly, but after the 2nd round, I felt at ease. I can felt the wind below through my hair, and the winter smell contains in the air that really charming. That smell contains burning woods and some food cooking. The smell brings my memory back while I was a child leave with my grandparents.

My grandparents their life style is saving and simple, we called the way LOHAS today. They don’t allow us use gas often, or a lot running water, even we have those equipments already. Instead, we carry groundwater back which away from home a distance long as our bath. We were boiling it with a big pot in our firewood room. Everyone should take care of his own pot, no matter carry it or boiling it, even my grandparents, no expectation. That was a very good experience learnt LOHAS especially to a city child. The wood burning smell just brings back me the old memory.

Every step I take, I inhaled the smell deeply. I welcome the cold breath chilly and fill in my chest. When we finished our 30minutes exercise, we start walk back to company. All the way back, we chat and laughing.
What a disirable export experience!

No comments: